November 11, 2012

A Cleaning #3

When I got to this house for the estimate, the homeowners freely admitted that they have been there for 37 years.  They painted it themselves when they moved in and one other time, but they could not remember when that was.  Since they were getting older, I was told, it was time to think about fixing up the house to sell it or live comfortably in it again.  We only contracted to repair and paint every surface of the living room and dining room, but it was a big task.  They didn't want to change the colors of the house too much.  This was just a cleaning.

Below are 2 examples of the condition of the dining room and what they looked like after the repairs and paint.

Dining Room before #1
Dining Room after #1
Dining Room before #2
Dining Room after #2


The living room ceiling had an old water satin and some peeling paint.  The walls did not have much damage, so I don't have any close up pictures.  I am including these pictures so you can see the amount of woodwork we had to paint, the amount of obstacles (furniture) that we had to handle, and the overall cleaning we did.  
Living Room before
Living Room after
Stairwell before
Stairwell after

When we were done and I sent the invoice, the homeowner wrote back to me stating, "I can tell you that we have been very pleased with your efficiency, clear communication, promptness (including swift response to calls/emails), and I have no doubt that we will be pleased with the work itself--once we get everything back in place."



No comments:

Post a Comment